- Before you begin to make your Cannabis Butter please be sure to decarb your plant matter first! See our decarboxylation guide if needed.
Recommended minimum of 1 oz buds
- Begin by bringing a quart of water in medium saucepan to boil.
- Then place 4 sticks of butter in the water and reduce to medium heat. Allow the butter to melt completely before adding the plant matter.
- Add the plant matter and then reduce heat the low. This will prevent the butter/plant matter from burning.
- At this stage we just want the buttery plant matter to simmer lightly. Simmer for 3-5 hours.
- While waiting for the butter prepare the cheesecloth or other filter over the bowl or container you wish to drain the butter into.
- Take extra care when straining the plant matter. Squeeze out as much butter as possible.
- Set the butter in the fridge and let it cool for approximately one hour.
- When the butter has solidified it is ready.